We Are Recruiting:
Finance and Sales Admin Assistant
To apply please email your CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the person specification to email@example.com Closing date: 5pm, Monday 20th June 2022. Interviews will take place on Monday 27th June 2022 (alternative arrangements will be be subject to interview panel availability)
Job Description – May 2022
Finance and Sales Administrative Assistant – Sheffield Quaker Meeting House
The Finance and Sales post is primarily responsible for key administrative processes related to the room hire business. This includes communication with customers, in person customer support, taking bookings and recording sales information, ensuring payments are received in a timely fashion, payment of bills and being responsible for the petty cash system. This post will support the lettings business in covering administrative work during periods of leave / holiday / sickness.
The primary responsibilities are finance and sales administrative work. However, when required the post holder will also undertake practical tasks during the day, tidying up rooms between bookings and preparing and clearing away drinks and refreshments. Practical tasks will be undertaken when there are not sufficient bookings to justify additional hours for the other Meeting House Day Support staff.
The successful post holder will be required to undertake training in First Aid and Fire Marshalling.
The post holder will be required to undertake lone working on a regular basis.
Key attributes required include – knowledge of financial processes and experience with financial software packages including QuickBooks or similar, competency across a range of Microsoft Office packages, ability to develop and improve administrative systems, an excellent level of customer service skills, experience of working with a range of people and a reliable, flexible and positive attitude.
Accountable to: Team Leader
Salary Scale: £21,230 pro rata for 10 hour week (£11.00 per hour)
6 month contract (with plans to extend/make permanent subject to the lettings business health)
Any extra hours which are worked undertaking shifts which could be allocated to Meeting House Support Assistants will be paid at the Living Wage Foundation rate.
Hours Worked: The post will cover the office 8:30am-1:30pm Thursday and Friday, working 10 hours per week. There will need to be some flexibility to cover periods of sickness / leave.
This role is initially a 6 month contracted position but we hope to extend this subject to the lettings business health.
The key responsibilities of the post are:
- Sales and Customer Service
To respond promptly and efficiently to all enquiries, taking information about potential bookings including equipment/catering and refreshments/room set up, providing customer quotes, entering bookings into the room booking system, sending booking confirmations, and ensuring that all bookings are confirmed or cancelled within the required timescales.
To provide excellent customer service.
To ask as a first point of contact by email/in person/ on the telephone and to signpost as appropriate
To greet customers entering the building, directing them as appropriate and dealing with any specific requests or requirements, signposting as appropriate
To serve refreshments as required by bookings, and clear away.
To promoting the organisation’s Equal Opportunity and Diversity policies and practices in all aspects of service delivery.
- Finance, petty cash and record keeping
– To monitor payments of lettings invoices and to initiate the process for managing outstanding payments if payment has not been made within 30 days.
– To receive cash or cheque payments where required and to process these in accordance with the office financial procedures.
– To liaise with the Team Leader and Meeting House Support Coordinator to ensure prompt payment of all incoming bills and invoices.
– To ensure that all incoming and outgoing payments are accurately recorded on QuickBooks, and that the figures are up to date within the agreed monthly deadline.
– To be responsible for the management of the office petty cash system including managing the float and recording transactions on QuickBooks in accordance with the office procedures.
– To keep all the paper financial records updated and filed in accordance with office procedures.
– To support the Quaker handling of Quaker finances in line with office procedures.
– To support the Team Leader and Book Keeper with the reconciling of the current and savings accounts, business visa account and petty cash accounts.
– To liaise with the Team Leader and Book Keeper to support the routine financial monitoring (monthly, quarterly and year end).
- Organisational policy and procedures
To follow all required procedures and policy including operational, health and safety, security, IT, and Equality and Diversity.
Working within and promoting the policies and procedures set out by the Quaker Meeting House, especially adherence to data protection policy and adherence to our privacy notice.
To draft written procedures for all areas for which the post is responsible
To suggest improvements in procedures to enhance the effective running of the room hire business
To undertake the work of this post in line with Quaker business values and practices
- Health and safety and Building Security
To act as a Fire Warden and First Aider and undertake relevant training.
To ensure compliance with fire safety procedures, health and safety and other statutory regulations
To be responsible for key holding by opening up and closing the building, disarming alarms, checking the building is secure and setting alarms.
Willing to undertake other duties as required within the scope of the post, subject to consultation with the post holder and Line Manager.
Willing to undertake cover for other members of staff, as required within the scope of the post, subject to consultation with the post holder and Line Manager.
- This is not a final and complete statement of the duties attached to this post, which may be amended from time to time in accordance with the changing needs of Sheffield Quaker Meeting House.
Knowledge & Qualifications
· Knowledge of sales and invoicing and financial processes
· Knowledge of Customer Service
· Knowledge and understanding of Equal Opportunities
· Awareness of accessibility issues
· Understanding of room hire/conferencing requirements
Skills & Experience
· Providing excellent customer service both face-to-face and via telephone and email
· Working flexibly as part of a team
· Maintaining databases & computerised filing systems
· Ability to use a wide range of office and IT equipment
· Have good keyboard and computer skills
· A high level of literacy, numeracy and accuracy
· Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task to tight deadlines
· Ability to work to a high standard with attention to detail
· Ability to prioritise and manage diverse tasks within the demands of a heavy workload
· Excellent organisational skills
· Be physically fit, able to move furniture and climb stairs
· Awareness of risks and security issues within a public building
· Working in a busy reception and/or front of house environment
· Ability to work unsupervised and use initiative
· Ability to undertake lone working
Interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to nurture good ongoing working relationships with colleagues, current & potential clients, Quakers and the range of visitors
· Ability to deal sensitively and appropriately with a wide range of people
· Good negotiation skills
· Ability to deal with difficult situations
· Ability to deal professionally and courteously with face-to-face and telephone callers
· Ability to communicate well and work proactively to ensure the smooth and efficient running of services
Responsibility for finances/resources
· Experience of using software for invoicing/credit control
· Experience of handling administering petty cash
· Ability to think of ways to improve area of work
· To work with team in planning service delivery
· Willingness to undertake training and personal development